2020-2021 COVID-19 Policies & Procedures*
*Subject to change*
The safety and health of our students, and instructors is our main priority during this time. We are, and have been, closely monitoring the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control, federal, state, and local governments in which our needling courses are scheduled to take place. We realize that these guidelines and recommendations can, and have been changing frequently - oftentimes, each week. We are also in contact with our host locations and will respect their decision on whether or not they wish to hold the course at their venue.
As the situation unfolds, we will keep each student informed on the status of their enrollment, and in the event that we are required to reschedule a course, we will provide alternative arrangements and options. We will continue to make updates to this policy as new information becomes available.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com. We are here to help each participant during this time.
We would caution against purchasing any non-refundable travel or hotel accommodations for any in-person course until the situation has stabilized. Due to the current fluidity of changes, all in-person course dates are currently subject to change.
The following measures have been adopted, effective immediately, for all our courses :
- Upon registration participants are required to attest that if they begin to experience symptoms, consistent with COVID-19, they will contact Midwest Rehabilitation Institute immediately to be rescheduled to a future course.
- Prior to entering the course, participants & instructor will be screened for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and temperature checked.
- If positive symptoms are discovered the student will not be permitted to attend the course and will be rescheduled to a future course.
- If the MWRI instructor has symptoms, consistent with COVID-19, he/she will be replaced with another instructor who does not have symptoms.
- If a participant learns that they have been exposed, or diagnosed, with COVID-19 within a 14-day period after completion of the course they agree to contact MWRI so that the other course participants can be notified.
- Class size will be such that the social distancing between tables can be achieved.
- Participants will be randomly assigned to "pods", which will consist of 3 participants.
- 1 Participant will act a the "patient" during lab/skills time, 1 participant will be the "doctor" rendering treatment, and the 3rd participant will be providing guidance and observation of the needle technique, placement, and effectiveness. Upon completion, the trio will rotate roles until all 3 individuals have completed each role a minimum of once.
- Hand sanitizer/sink to sanitize hands will be available at each course.
- Wearing of gloves will be required. Gloves will be provided at each course.
- Wearing of face masks will be required during the course. Each participant should bring their own face masks.
- Environmental decontamination: The treatment tables will be disinfected each time the group of 2 rotates the subject that was receiving the needling.
- A signed release of liability statement will be required upon entering the course.
These safety measures were put in place based on the current information and guidelines and will be strictly enforced. As new information and guidelines become available, we will modify our procedures to assure the highest level of safety and compliance with health and government requirements.
Participants that refuse to follow safety guidelines will be removed from the course.